Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Different Capacitors Recognition

Status
Not open for further replies.

imranahmed

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please let me know about,

1) Metal Film Capacitor
2) Polypropylene Capacitor
3) Polyester Capacitor
4) Mylar Capacitor.

I need picture of Metal Film Capacitor.

Hi,

I need picture of Metal Film Capacitor.
why don't you do a simple internet search for "metal film capacitor picture"...and so on?

Klaus

I searched but different types of capacitors were shown.
I want to know exactly it is.

Hi,

I searched but different types of capacitors were shown.
The same happens when you ask here. Hundred users will show you hunderd different capacitors with different color, different size, different package...but all are "pictures of metal film capacitors" as you requested.

Klaus

Your list can be simplified. 3 and 4 is just the same. Most Polyester (PET) and Polypropylene (PP) capacitors are also "metal film" capacitors, except for those power PP capacitors that have metal foil rather than metal film electrodes. Instead of "searching" unsystematically, you might read a basic treatment about capacitor types like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_types

The said capacitor types can come in the same packages, you need to look for manufacturer specific series and their marking, possibly characteristic color.

i don't think you can tell, in general, what is inside the case by just looking at the outside

you need to read the part numbers and look up the data sheet.

a 14 pin DIP is a 14 pin DIP until you read the part number
a 1206 surface mount resistor value is unknown until you read and translate the codes
likewise capacitors, diodes, transistors, etc

i remember inductors in cylindrical cases, with stripes like resistors

Status
Not open for further replies.