Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electricity generation for Electric Fencing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi.2k17

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i want to run electricity via my fence wire around my house to avoid illegal intrusion of thief and other intruders. i know using 240 V AC is not a very good idea as it can become life threatening sometimes.
can i use DC with high voltage for this purpose? which device can be used for this propose? I want a very intense shock if some one tries to touch, cut fence but it should not be life threatening.

thanks.

What if after the first shock the intruder grounds the wire and cuts the wire with a insulated pliers?

Thieves usually do their homework well and come prepared.

It may be illegal in your country.

People can die from a shock that you may consider as "non-fatal"- basically the shock may trigger a heart attack.

What if after the first shock the intruder grounds the wire and cuts the wire with a insulated pliers?

Thieves usually do their homework well and come prepared.

It may be illegal in your country.

People can die from a shock that you may consider as "non-fatal"- basically the shock may trigger a heart attack.

>>> What if after the first shock the intruder grounds the wire

after first shock my fence will start alarming ( i want to make a provision of that also)

>>>>> People can die from a shock that you may consider as "non-fatal"

can DC current also kill a person ?

>>> It may be illegal in your country.

if electric fencing is illegal then what about theft ? :) i will do a home work about laws in my country if this is the case.

so my question is about Energizer. which to use ? options ? etc

Hi,

High voltage pulses with
* limited current (to not cause immedate damage of the skin)
* limited energy per pulse (to not cause heart attack)
* very low pulse frequency (to make the muscles to relax before the next shock)

Klaus

Remember electric fencing is normally used to deter farm animals from straying outside a perimeter, they are not for stopping thieves.

Most use pulses of about 500V at a rate of no faster than 1 per second and a current limit of a few mA. They are only supposed to make an uncomfortable jolt.

It isn't easy to make an electric fence combined with an alarm. To trigger the alarm either look for conduction to ground or a break in a loop or both. Trying to do that when also applying high voltage pulses will involve high voltage switches and opto-isolators to separate thepulses from the monitoring circuits.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back