Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

public hex to asm possible to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
They (microchip) have a trial offer for 60 days and I shall use that.

Haven't used Windows or the old MPLAB for many years but the error suggests you didn't add the source files to the project properly.

Brian.

The files are very old and the compilers have become more strict; that is the reason the program is not compiling.

There are warnings and errors before the last line; start correcting the errors and warnings line by line.

I too have to lookup google and find the solutions. It is possible to correct and compile. I have been trying with the microchip recent IDE and XC compilers and I am getting undefined variables.

It was compiled with a different compiler (I cannot figure out) but the basic flow is correct.

Thank you c_mitra for the time hope a happy ending ,i saw someone here has done it but how ?btw i still searching for that version of mplab and the compiler used and i get a version nearly close ? from a youtube channel you need to try it ?

for the time hope a happy ending

I did try to compile the software with a recent free version of the MPLAB IDE and XC8 compiler.

The software needed several corrections because the original programmer has depended on the compiler to optimize and not focused on the style. There has been several changes in the compiler too.

I could compile it without errors (after making several changes) but could not optimize it. It can be done but it takes time and effort.

All the variables have been declared global but that is not a good practice and many could be shifted to the called routines.

I presume that you have the hardware and just want to change the call sign being displayed on the LCD: that can still be done manually.

Sorry that I cannot be of much more help. Editing the hex file is still an option but that may need some trials and errors.

C_mitra for a good news with the assistant of you , i have a little progress
i have converted the hex string for binary then the binary for ascii

View attachment main.zip

I have made some changes (only partial). OZ2CPU has been replaced by REVE FM.

please see if this works; otherwise I might have made mistake in the manual checksum calculations.

If it works fine, I shall tell you how to edit the rest.

ok i will try as soon as possible .Thanks c_mitra

c_mitra i have tried twice and only i have DOTS on the screen ,while with original OZ... hex it burn okay

ok, I shall take a look once more.

my freind c_mitra only DOTS

I am puzzled; I shall compile the original and send you once again. Without any modifications: that should tell whether I have made any mistakes in compilations.

i just want to say that the first untouched file dont even run my bad ,i think it is not youre mistake in side of you my freind ,please and yes compile the one from the author site 1.04 and sorry .

1.04beta untouched dont work :(

so yes try the one from author site or the one from elektor that have the source

so yes try the one from author site or the one from elektor that have the source

Could you please zip all the relevant files and put up here? One that you found working...

Once I get it, I shall recompile, correct errors and resend back to you with modifications.

Here it is
the one named 020026-11 is from elektor site and contain the source file
and the other file named mw104 is from the author site
thanks

Attachments

• mw104.zip
    12.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 020026-11.zip
    28.9 KB · Views: 44

and the other file named mw104 is from the author site

I shall take a look on the first set tomorrow and let you know. If that does not work, I shall work on the second file.

It is not really difficult. I have edited hex files in younger days.

I have compiled the source file once again (the one named 020026-11.zip) and there appears to be no serious error (some warnings are there).

Unzip the following zip file and use the hex file and let me know.View attachment temp.zip

If it does not work, there is something wrong with the source code and I do not have the time or effort to spare.

If you have already tired the second file (mw104.zip) and is sure that it works, I shall edit the second file. Please let me know.

c_mitra it does not work same only shows a dot,and i have re-tried last both files .Can you try the last one mw104.zip .It should be a problem a little error anywhere recheck for the device ,16f876 or 16f876a same i tried both chips. 20191116_093332.jpg

Attachments

• 20191116_093049[1].jpg
    20191116_093049[1].jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back