Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

buzzer and timer construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzy

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to create a timer circuit, 66 seconds would be the max time, it should be able to increase or decrease in intervals of 1 second when setting the time to count down. while counting down i would want to be able to add more time manually, a display would be added to show the time.

after the timer reaches zero then I would want it to sound like a roaster, not sure if thats possible.

I also want to make a buzzer but when I press the button it should sound like a dutch pot cover.

What? WHAT???

I understand the first part of your question; the second part, not at all.

You could use a simple microprocessor to provide the counting and display functions.

But, I don't know what a roaster sounds like. And I sure don't know how a buzzer, which makes a BUZZING sound can sound like a "Dutch pot cover".

Wait, do you mean "ROOSTER"?

Its late here but I think I might lose sleep tonight worrying what a roaster might sound like. I have visions of someone rotating on a slow turning spit over a pit of flames. Maybe I watch too many horror movies.

Brian.

Its late here but I think I might lose sleep tonight worrying what a roaster might sound like. I have visions of someone rotating on a slow turning spit over a pit of flames. Maybe I watch too many horror movies.

Brian.

And then there's that talking Dutch pot cover...

Sleep well.

i think its rooster not roaster
you know, a male chicken announcing sunrise on the farm?

no idea about the dutch pot cover

yes rooster and pot cover

- - - Updated - - -

its just a pot and a chicken not sure why you guys reacting so weird.

is it possible to emulate this sound with a circuit, this sound would be made after the time counts down to zero.

there is also another circuit when a button is pressed it makes a sound like 2 pot cover knocking together.

is it possible to emulate this sound with a circuit...

Yes, why not! You can just record the sound for 1-2 second, store in a ROM and play it back for 1-2-3-4 seconds; what ever you want.

But I am ALSO curious- how does a dutch pot cover sound? Is that the sound for a pressure cooker releasing the steam?

as i said its the sound of two pot covers knocking together, 2 heavy pot covers no glass, pure metal.

which rom, I need it for something small im aware i can record audio and say store it on a memory card but i want to add it to a simple board game how would i do a simple and cheap play back of that.

which rom, I need it for something small im aware i can record audio and say store it on a memory card but i want to add it to a simple board game how would i do a simple and cheap play back of that.

You can select a microprocessor that has something like 2K RAM or so. You can make it part of the program and your actual program will take very little space. Select a chip that has a DAC built in.

Rest should be fairly simple. You can connect a 16 ohm or 32 ohm mini speaker directly to the DAC output. You should also select a microprocessor that has two timers (one of them is often used internally). For display you will need 8 digital output lines and a couple of digital input lines.

Rest should be simple. If you are selecting a simple numeric display, it becomes simpler. Your program can become messy if you want alphanumeric display.

Status
Not open for further replies.