Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diff probe connections to oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishjay

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

How to connect differential probe bnc pin and ground pin to oscilloscope. I know how to connect differentil probe bnc to oscilloscope channel but how to connect ground pin of differential probe to oscilloscope?

The ground is already connected through BNC cable. A ground pin at the probe side (present in some low voltage probes) may be connected to an isolated circuit under test to reduce common mode voltage. Which particular probe are you asking about?

The ground is already connected through BNC cable. A ground pin at the probe side (present in some low voltage probes) may be connected to an isolated circuit under test to reduce common mode voltage. Which particular probe are you asking about?
The differential that i use has a auxillary ground pin with bnc pin. So i connected bnc pin to channel of the scope. And how to connect ground pin to scope?

It's a spare terminal which serves no purpose with most industry standard oscilloscopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.