Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] RF Detector circuit design

Status
Not open for further replies.

000SHREDDER000

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys here is my RF Detector circuit. I am not familiar with circuit designing but I could make it and it's working, it can detect Cell Phone radiation maybe GSM band and a little bit WiFi also electromagnetic waves from power sources and AC lines.
What do you think about it?
Can I improve it?
20191026_15772148.jpgEMF.PNG

If you're admittedly not familiar with circuit design you should, maybe, LEARN something about circuit design before you just randomly throw some parts together. That's like writing a book before you know how to read.

What you've got there is, to put it bluntly, an unmitigated mess. Resistors that perform no function; not one but TWO opamps running open-loop.

If you're admittedly not familiar with circuit design you should, maybe, LEARN something about circuit design before you just randomly throw some parts together. That's like writing a book before you know how to read.

What you've got there is, to put it bluntly, an unmitigated mess. Resistors that perform no function; not one but TWO opamps running open-loop.
Thank you for your advice. I am always learning but it doesn't mean I don't know anything.
It's not a mess. Resistors are essential for my circuit, without them it's not working so there is some function.(one opamp is enough but second one makes it more sensitive).
It's a detector so I can detect incoming RF exactly with an open loop.

This circuit detects nothing but noise..
You do very serious fundamental mistakes

This circuit detects nothing but noise..
You do very serious fundamental mistakes
What do you mean about noise?
It's not for receiving RF, it's for detecting RF.
What is my very serious fundamental mistakes?

Dude, you are all over the place. To quote your original post, in case you forgot, "I am not familiar with circuit designing". Your resistors do, in fact, do nothing other than provide a DC path for one of the opamp inputs. We'd all love to hear your explanation of the purpose of the variable resistor and the 400k resistor.

Dude, you are all over the place. To quote your original post, in case you forgot, "I am not familiar with circuit designing". Your resistors do, in fact, do nothing other than provide a DC path for one of the opamp inputs. We'd all love to hear your explanation of the purpose of the variable resistor and the 400k resistor.
I think it's clear for me, but if you think my circut is a mess then how it can work, if my resistors does nothing then I can remove them!!! Can you explain me how it's working?

Absurd. I cannot explain how it is working because I don't believe it IS working.

if my resistors does nothing then I can remove them!!!
It is not your first thread on the scope of RF detector and people have been giving you several advices that you should consider instead of refusing them, particularly when you admit to be "not familiar with circuit designing" . First of all, if you said "I could make it and it's working", so let them be surprised to hear that someone got succeded with a circuit that clearly does not make use of any usual topology on using operational amplifiers; one would expect to hear you explain the "why" of your choice if this differs from common sense.

it can detect Cell Phone radiation maybe GSM band and a little bit WiFi also electromagnetic waves from power sources and AC lines.

You admitelly do not know where such noise comes from, and so this is one more point to be questioned on the belief that it is working; If you opened the discussion to hear thoughts, be open to hear advices, keep in mind that most here have extensive experience that you should take into account. The frequency spectrum you mentioned above (from ac lines to gigaherts) from known sources should not be captured by a simple circuit, unless put close to their sources/loads, so as said before, this would be nothing else than a noise detector that you are not able to define which bandwidths are being captured.

It is not your first thread on the scope of RF detector and people have been giving you several advices that you should consider instead of refusing them, particularly when you admit to be "not familiar with circuit designing" . First of all, if you said "I could make it and it's working", so let them be surprised to hear that someone got succeded with a circuit that clearly does not make use of any usual topology on using operational amplifiers; one would expect to hear you explain the "why" of your choice if this differs from common sense.

You admitelly do not know where such noise comes from, and so this is one more point to be questioned on the belief that it is working; If you opened the discussion to hear thoughts, be open to hear advices, keep in mind that most here have extensive experience that you should take into account. The frequency spectrum you mentioned above (from ac lines to gigaherts) from known sources should not be captured by a simple circuit, unless put close to their sources/loads, so as said before, this would be nothing else than a noise detector that you are not able to define which bandwidths are being captured.
As I said I am not familiar with circuit designing but still I can make simple circuits.
they said it's wrong and go learn, but I know it's not a common circuit but It's working it can detect sources from 1 meter so it's a noise or RF I don't know!

How can you be both unfamiliar with circuit design and still able to design simple circuits? How do you know its working? Your picture of your physical layout alone tells us you're deluding yourself.

How can you be both unfamiliar with circuit design and still able to design simple circuits? How do you know its working? Your picture of your physical layout alone tells us you're deluding yourself.
Physical layout is 100% correct just it's not clear exactly like schematic. I didn't use pot and voltage meter panel but Still that are correct microammeter is connected to resistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.