Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding Electronics Enclosure Design - Tactile Button and Optical Sensor Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakibnaz

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all.

I am not sure if its the right palace to post this ques, but still I like to ask if anyone can suggest ...

I am designing an Enclosure for an Electronics Device. My PCB have a Tactile Switch and an Ambient Light Sensor.

Pic.png

Can anyone advise me the below:

- Is there any suitable Cap for this type of Low Profile Tactile Switch? I know there are other Switch available with Caps but all have height more than 3.5mm. I need to use Button with lower Height hence chooses this one. Whats the best way to use this Button with Enclosure so user can easily press it?

- For the Optical Light Sensor I am looking for a transparent cover (preferred rectangular in shape) to protect the sensor. Is it possible to manage an off-the-shelf one or I need to make custom Part for this?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Can you clarify about the intended geometry, orientation of PCB, switch and sensor to enclosure surface?

Hi FvM.

Thanks for reply. Please have a look the picture. Hope this will help.

Post.png

Here we I am using the Light Sensor in Side Looking View. And Enclosure Shell thickness is around 2mm.

For the Light Sensor Transparent Cover and Tact Switch Cap ... I don't want to design any custom Part. If possible to use any off-the-shelf one that will be great and reduce the mold cost significantly.

Thanks again.

Regards.

It is easier to drill holes in the enclosure, than to ream a rectangular opening. Consider drilling a few holes for the light sensor, then insert translucent plastic plugs (example, non-functioning led's). Their diameter should be chosen to fit snugly. Or glue in place.

To transfer finger pressure to your tactile switch, consider a soft plastic rivet installed in a hole through your enclosure. Make the action loose. 3D printing seems like a good means to fabricate it. However it might be difficult to flare the internal end. Once fastened in place it's easy for you to quickly install or remove the board.

rivet shape carries pressure to button.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back