Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Receiver simulation in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unaz

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to make a Tx and receiver simulation in HFSS. I want to see how much current/power/radiation is induced in Rx due to to Tx radiation. I understand that to make a Rx you make the source voltage 0. However this does not really effect the value of S12
(which remains same as S21). How can I find the total current generated at the Rx.

Re: receiver simulation in HFSS

If you have a voltage source, you should have a set of field solutions.

Simply draw a line around the transverse cross-section of one of the conductors in the Rx TL, and integrate the H-field along the line. This will give you the current in accordance with Ampere's law.

Good Luck!

I'm trying to make a Tx and receiver simulation in HFSS. I want to see how much current/power/radiation is induced in Rx due to to Tx radiation. I understand that to make a Rx you make the source voltage 0. However this does not really effect the value of S12
(which remains same as S21). How can I find the total current generated at the Rx.

I believe how to obtain EM Field Distribution Contours in HFSS.They will give you an insight how much Electrical Field will be induced around your RX port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back