Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM2577 external mosfet

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoosefheidari

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone
i want to add a mosfet to lm2577 to achive high current about 15 amper ,is that possible?how can i add mosfet and what is need?

I do not think you can add an external switch to the LM2577

Page 14 Figure 32 shows the operation of the LM2577.
The current sense resistor, that provides a feedback into the control loop, is internal.
Adding an external switch would require access to the current sense resistor to maintain the integrity of the control loop.

Thank you
so i going to use UC3845
is this schematic ok?has it any problem?
BOOST.jpg

There's probably room for improvements.

I would expect a PI rather than P controller for good output regulation.

Above duty cycle of 0.5, a current mode controller needs slope compensation, otherwise it exposes subharmonic oscillations. Review 3845 datasheet and application notes in this regard.

The 600V MOSFET has relative large rdson and respective conduction losses.

There's probably room for improvements.

I would expect a PI rather than P controller for good output regulation.

Above duty cycle of 0.5, a current mode controller needs slope compensation, otherwise it exposes subharmonic oscillations. Review 3845 datasheet and application notes in this regard.

The 600V MOSFET has relative large rdson and respective conduction losses.

in datasheet there is a slope resistor.but there is any value for that?i don't know the value of this resistor.adding this resistor solve the subharmonic oscillation problem?
another question is feedback section.is that correct?
slope.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.