Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference in dual in line packages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris23971

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I am new to this field, and have fun into a small issue. I have been wiring a circuit board for a automotive project of mine and managed to have a pin break on the DIP installed. While it is fixable, I don't really quite fully understand the realm of dips. my question is can I just buy another 16 pin Dip and have it be the replacement, or must I find another with the exact label numbers.

Thanks.

You need the exact replacement part or an equivalent part if the manufacturer no longer exists, was bought, or stopped manufacturing that part. FYI some of the numbers on the part are likely date codes or lot codes. You want to find the part with the same functionality, otherwise you could damage the new part or even something else on your circuit board.

Don't use any random 16-pin DIP part to replace the broken part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back