+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Junior Member level 2
    Points: 194, Level: 2

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    23
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Points
    194
    Level
    2

    A way to delay UART frame for approx. 200-300us.

    Hello everyone,
    I'm figuring out a way to delay UART frame for approx. 200-300us.
    Are there ways to do that?
    Could anyone suggest something on this matter?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frame.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	156131

    BR

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Points: 261,317, Level: 100
    Awards:
    1st Helpful Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bochum, Germany
    Posts
    45,654
    Helped
    13881 / 13881
    Points
    261,317
    Level
    100

    Re: A way to delay UART frame for approx. 200-300us.

    At which Baud rate?



  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    Points: 78,516, Level: 68
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    Most Frequent Poster 3rd Helpful Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,931
    Helped
    3610 / 3610
    Points
    78,516
    Level
    68

    Re: A way to delay UART frame for approx. 200-300us.

    Hi,

    a 32kHz clock and an 8 bit shift register ser_in ser_out

    Klaus
    Please donīt contact me via PM, because there is no time to respond to them. No friend requests. Thank you.



    •   AltAdvertisement

        
       

  4. #4
    Junior Member level 2
    Points: 194, Level: 2

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    23
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Points
    194
    Level
    2

    Re: A way to delay UART frame for approx. 200-300us.

    Quote Originally Posted by FvM View Post
    At which Baud rate?
    Let's start with 9600 and it would be nice if it would be still working at 19200.

    BR



    •   AltAdvertisement

        
       

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    Points: 78,516, Level: 68
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    Most Frequent Poster 3rd Helpful Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,931
    Helped
    3610 / 3610
    Points
    78,516
    Level
    68

    Re: A way to delay UART frame for approx. 200-300us.

    Hi,

    out of curiosity I did a search:

    Now my solution is: an about 500kHz clock and MC14517 wired as 128bit shift register.
    It should work well for 9600 as well as 19200 baud.

    Klaus
    Please donīt contact me via PM, because there is no time to respond to them. No friend requests. Thank you.



    •   AltAdvertisement

        
       

  6. #6
    Junior Member level 2
    Points: 194, Level: 2

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    23
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Points
    194
    Level
    2

    Re: A way to delay UART frame for approx. 200-300us.

    Quote Originally Posted by KlausST View Post
    Hi,

    out of curiosity I did a search:

    Now my solution is: an about 500kHz clock and MC14517 wired as 128bit shift register.
    It should work well for 9600 as well as 19200 baud.

    Klaus

    Klaus, could you just out of curiosity draw a sketch, how it would look like: the clock + MC14517, input, output and so forth.



  7. #7
    Super Moderator
    Points: 78,516, Level: 68
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    Most Frequent Poster 3rd Helpful Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,931
    Helped
    3610 / 3610
    Points
    78,516
    Level
    68

    Re: A way to delay UART frame for approx. 200-300us.

    Hi,

    First try it on your own. Itīs rather sratight forward.
    Show us your result.

    Klaus
    Please donīt contact me via PM, because there is no time to respond to them. No friend requests. Thank you.



  8. #8
    Junior Member level 2
    Points: 194, Level: 2

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    23
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Points
    194
    Level
    2

    Re: A way to delay UART frame for approx. 200-300us.

    Quote Originally Posted by KlausST View Post
    Hi,

    First try it on your own. Itīs rather sratight forward.
    Show us your result.

    Klaus
    it's not clear what did you mean by clock. Is there a specialized IC?



  9. #9
    Super Moderator
    Points: 78,516, Level: 68
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    Most Frequent Poster 3rd Helpful Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,931
    Helped
    3610 / 3610
    Points
    78,516
    Level
    68

    Re: A way to delay UART frame for approx. 200-300us.

    Hi,

    "Clock" is a rather common term in electronics, especially in digital electronics.
    It is mainly defined by the frequency and voltage levels.. (there are also more detailed timing parameters)

    Now Iīve told you the frequency: about 500kHz
    and the voltage levels are given in the MC14517 datasheet.

    Please understand that a forum canīt replace school.
    If you are not familiar with the term "clock", then I must assume that you also are not familiar with proper power supplies, PCB layout, maybe voltage level converters....which you also need for your UART delay.
    If this is the case, than I recommend to look for a person designing this project for you.

    Klaus
    Please donīt contact me via PM, because there is no time to respond to them. No friend requests. Thank you.



  10. #10
    Junior Member level 2
    Points: 194, Level: 2

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    23
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Points
    194
    Level
    2

    Re: A way to delay UART frame for approx. 200-300us.

    Quote Originally Posted by KlausST View Post
    Hi,


    If you are not familiar with the term "clock", then I must assume that you also are not familiar with proper power supplies, PCB layout, maybe voltage level converters....which you also need for your UART delay.

    Klaus
    You must not assume anything. If I were you I wouldn't jump to conclusions.



  11. #11
    Super Moderator
    Points: 78,516, Level: 68
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    Most Frequent Poster 3rd Helpful Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,931
    Helped
    3610 / 3610
    Points
    78,516
    Level
    68

    Re: A way to delay UART frame for approx. 200-300us.

    Hi

    You are upset because I donīt do your job - for free? Really?

    I took my spare time for you to find a solution, I did an internet search, I gave you a part number.
    I wrote more text than you. I gave, you took.

    If this is not enough, then please rely on the (not yet given) answers of the other forum members.

    Bye

    Klaus
    Please donīt contact me via PM, because there is no time to respond to them. No friend requests. Thank you.



  12. #12
    Junior Member level 2
    Points: 194, Level: 2

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    23
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Points
    194
    Level
    2

    Re: A way to delay UART frame for approx. 200-300us.

    Quote Originally Posted by KlausST View Post
    Hi

    You are upset because I donīt do your job - for free? Really?

    I took my spare time for you to find a solution, I did an internet search, I gave you a part number.
    I wrote more text than you. I gave, you took.


    If this is not enough, then please rely on the (not yet given) answers of the other forum members.

    Bye

    Klaus
    yes, here you are right on all counts. Next time just refrain from something writing and let to answer other members which are less tired than you or so.
    I would be much obliged.

    Cheers



    •   AltAdvertisement

        
       

  13. #13
    Super Moderator
    Points: 78,516, Level: 68
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    Most Frequent Poster 3rd Helpful Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,931
    Helped
    3610 / 3610
    Points
    78,516
    Level
    68

    Re: A way to delay UART frame for approx. 200-300us.

    Hi,

    Form both of us, the lazy one is you. Every one can recognize this.

    You treat those who take effort to find a solution for your problem worse that the ones that donīt respond at all.
    Thus I respect your point. Not responding to your posts in future does not have any drawback for me.

    Klaus
    Please donīt contact me via PM, because there is no time to respond to them. No friend requests. Thank you.



  14. #14
    Advanced Member level 2
    Points: 5,258, Level: 17
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    ZASto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Messy Corner, 44°47'31.56"N, 20°28'9.16"E
    Posts
    630
    Helped
    130 / 130
    Points
    5,258
    Level
    17

    Re: A way to delay UART frame for approx. 200-300us.

    @intiCA: Kalus chewed everything for you, yours is only to swallow.
    Do not feel angry when you dont get the answer on silver platter.

    (response from another member :D )
    Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am.
    My attitude depends on who you are.



--[[ ]]--