Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

820 1K - what does the 1K mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riffwraith

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi :)

I am replacing a resistor on a PCB. The res in question is 820 ohms. That slot on the board, reads "820 1K" The 820 of course tells me the value of the res; is it possible to discern what the "1K" means?

Thanks in advance.

Why do you say: "The 820 of course tells me the value of the res"? Maybe the 820 tells you reference designator and 1K is actually the value. Maybe "820 1K" is the range of acceptable resistors. I've never seen this. Maybe a picture or schematic would help.

Ah,. things I do not yet possess the ability to consider :)

Here is the shem:

Thank you!

Attachments

• schem.jpg
    schem.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 125

I would guess those are alternative values, maybe for different tubes, for example instead of ECC83 it could be for E88CC which is a similar but more 'robust' type for rugged applications. That value isn't particularly critical anyway.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back