Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing a power bank with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

redgear

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey all,

I want to build a power bank that's compatible with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. There are many options available in the market but I want to do it myself so I could learn something.

The power bank should have two USB A ports to charge the devices connected to it and one USB B(Micro USB) port to charge itself.

What would be the major components required?
1)Battery Gauges(BMS)
2)Battery Charge Controller
3)QC3.0 compatible USB Type A controllers
4) A 8-bit MCU to read the SOC information from gauge and display it to a numerical lcd
5) Numerical LCD

I have decided on the Battery Gauges and battery charge controllers but I am not able to find any USB Controllers that are compatible with QC 3.0. It will be great if someone can help me find them. Since the Battery Gauges will be providing OC,OV,UVLO,OT protections, can I pick a USB controller without the protection features?

Can someone help me find reference designs? I am not able to find it.

What are the other things that I should consider?

Thanks

What does it mean? Which features are required?

I am searching for a SOC that supports Micro USB input and 2 x QC3.0 compatible USB Type A output that works with a 1s battery(3-5v range).
If there is no such SOC, I am searching for a QC 3.0 compatible USB controller that support QC3.0 protocol on a USB Type A and USB Charge controllers.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.