Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

readback the firmware Cyclone IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? They are copying the complete EPCS content to the *.jic file.

Like I mentioned I haven't used Quartus tools in decades, so I wasn't sure that there was a way to read a EPCS in system with the only connection to the EPCS being the FPGA. I was mistaken in remembering that the tools would not allow reading the entire EPCS. Or perhaps I'm thinking of a different vendor, as I've used products from every FPGA vendor that exists at one time or anther since the Xilinx 3000 family.

Why? They are copying the complete EPCS content to the *.jic file.

I have done it (read *.jic From a similar working board), But after the re-programing the *.jic file to EPCS (in another board) it does not work. Actually there is a green led on the board. When the board powered on (and everything is OK) it turns on. But after the reprogramming the board green led does not turn on at all. It means some thing is wrong in the board.

Another issue. There is FLASH IC. May be there is some lock mechanisms on the flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back