Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gprs modem and AT+ HTTP GET REQUEST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jit_singh_tara

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friends ,

I have a query .

I need to send data from microcontroller to gsm modem which sends data to a web server.

Now I m sending the following command:
AT+HTTPPARA="URL","http://xyz.in/abc.php?v1=436&v2=001&v3=031&v4='LOW'&v5='FAIL'&v6='OK'&v7='HIGH'&v8='CLOSE'&v9='BIGT17662'"
AT+HTTPACTION=0

I am sending the data to a table in mysql database.
The problem is when the table is initially empty , The response time from the server is fast.i.e:

+HTTPACTION: 0,200,210 (response from the server after i send AT+HTTPACTION=0 ) command. ----> response time 1-2 seconds...
As i send data again and again the response time increases.

After sending around 50 times of the similar data.
The response time increases to about 15-16 seconds.

+HTTPACTION: 0,200,8050 (response from the server after i send AT+HTTPACTION=0 ) command. ----> response time 15-16 seconds...

I have to continuously keep on sending the data and read the response also from the server

What can be done so that i can have instant response 2-3 seconds every time.
1.Can i flush out the server data buffer after sending every command , will it impact the data writing in the table?
2. If it can be done How do i do it?

Hi,

at first you need to test WHAT is causing this delay.
Microcontroller? Modem? Access point? Routers? Server?

Then you need to test WHY this is happening.

I assume there are software tools that can monitor the complete internet access, but I don´t have experience with this. --> do an internet search.

Klaus

Well friends ,

I had a work around for the issue .

Earlier I was reading the entire table of the data base , so it was causing the delay as the table was filling up with more and more entries .
Now i restricted the view to top 20 rows only so eventually the delay in response reduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.