Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find cutoff frequency of the circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitking

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I want to find cutoff frequency of the two attached circuits. I just want to know is there any quicker way to find it. For the circuit2 I got it as 1/(2*pi*R*C) but I don't see the same in simulation, so I want to verify it with someone.

Circuit1: Circuit1.PNG
Circuit2:Circuit2.PNG

The cutoff frequency is defined as the frequency where the amplitude of H(jω) is 1/√2 times the DC amplitude (approximately -3dB, half power point).
https://electronics.stackexchange.c...the-cutoff-frequency-of-a-low-pass-rc-circuit

Last edited:

Hi,

For the circuit2 I got it as 1/(2*pi*R*C)
Circuit2 includes two "L", but your formula does not.

According to your formula the cutoff frequency is independent of L .... I don't think this is correct.

Klaus

circuit 2, because it has a resistor in series with the capacitor, does not have a traditional "cuttoff frequency". It has a frequency where insertion loss increases, but then quickly changes attenuation slope to only look like one series inductor.

Of course there is an equation. Just the complexity baloons quickly with multi-order filters.

I second sapwin.

And suggest LTSpice which has a great AC analysis.

And suggest LTSpice which has a great AC analysis.
circuitslave does his EDA Tool Play using both Keysight ADS and Cadence Spectre.
So LTspice is not required.

The followings are also not required.

Last edited:

circuitslave does his EDA Tool Play using both Keysight ADS and Cadence Spectre.
So LTspice is not required.
Other members might take pleasure in giving "funny" nicknames to you as well. Better stop it.

The original poster has apparently left this thread. I see the Ltspice suggestion addressed to the Edaboard community which sounds reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back