Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dual feed patch antenna with single connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

gayathrim

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, is it possible to dual feed a patch antenna using a single connector? i can use only one connector for my patch antenna. but in order to achieve circular polarization i have used two feeds with 90 degree phase shift. thanks in advance.

2-Figure3-1.png

Found at:
https://d3i71xaburhd42.cloudfront.net/c8a59b3ca833b98068071517aea556552eb1de41/2-Figure3-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
2-Figure1-1.pngCircular_Polarization_with_Four_Patch_Antennas.gif

you can use delay line or hybrid. Or you can create an array.

can i use probe feed with the network?
as in, use a 90 degree microstrip phase shifter beneath the substrate and connect it to the patch via a connecting/shorting pin?

I guess you can, as long as you make sure the phase difference doesn't change.

David Pozar, Microwave Engineering; discusses various feeding methods for patches to achieve circular polarization. Similar examples are cited in other antenna references. IEEE TAP will have numerous examples. The basic idea is to excite orthogonal modes and quadrature phase. This is easier with dual feeds but is can also be done with a single feed. With a square or nearly square patch the feed is often placed along the diagonal of the patch.

Regards,

Azulykit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back