Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting single ended amplifier to fully differential amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junus2012

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends,

Suppose I have desinged a simple single-ended two-stage miller op-amp (seen in the image below)to drive Capacitive load CL and resistive load RL with certain GBW, Gain and Slew rate.

opamp.jpg

You know we set the current in M5 to satisfy the slew rate condition, say I5= 100 µA. We set based on that current and the value of the compensation capacitor the value of (W/L)1,2.. say is 10

Now I want to convert my design to fully differential amplifier version identical to the prevoius one with same load condition. Means I will drive the same load differentially

My question, will I really get the same specification mean the same slew rate, gain and GBW if I keep the same current conditions and transistor sizes as the same from single ended counter part ?

Thank you very much
Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back