Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Learning psoc technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

stack0

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Have with few microntrollers. Trying to learn psoc technologies. What psoc is good to start with?. Considering the easiness to start learning the psoc and the low cost what is recommended?.

A long time ago I had the opportunity to work with the Cypress PSoC3 familly core, with one of the top member from CY8C4xxx which had both analog and digital cells, but that was essentially a microcontroller with a limited amount of reconfigurable hardware resources. With it I was able to build interesting hardware modules, such as a 24bit counter in one project, 3 UARTs in another, and that was just a sample of what it is capable of. If your goal is learning and make touch with different technologies, I consider it a good start, since the IDE is very easy to work, allowing the 'assembly' and assigning of modules to I/O's quite user-friendly through a graphical interface.

Reactions: stack0

stack0

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I started with Cypress CY8KIT-059
its is inexpensive, the software is pretty good, it is similar to the part(s) andre describes
the user group is useful

stack0

I am thinking of getting the Cypress CY8KIT-059. What else do I need to get with it?. self powered USB hub?. does Cypress CY8KIT-059 has all I would need?.

At a glance seems a good choice to start since this development kit is made with the CY8C5888LTI-LP097 microcontroller, which has built in either an A/D and D/A converter along with a considerable amount of programmable digital blocks.

stack0

Status
Not open for further replies.