+ Post New Thread
    Full Member level 3

Helped
    1 / 1
    Level

How to choose a good university for electronics engineering in USA?

Hello,

I decided to get my masters degree in electronics engineering in USA over Australia after a lot of thinking but my decision wasn't based on some actual searching, just individual opinions in websites and from work colleagues.

The answers are neutral, some advise for Australia and others say it's not a problem to get the masters in USA.

To me, I love USA since I was a kid, of course because of the movies especially Rambo and gaming ... etc.

Now I have other interests; like, hiking and cruising around the states if possible. But I think I would be busy in the masters work.

The concerns and interests I'm thinking about:

1. Interests:
    Good state location, university location, facilities and nice masters course.

2. Concerns:
    How expensive living in that state and rooms prices.

•   AltAdvertisement

Advanced Member level 5

Helped
    324 / 324
    Level

Re: How to choose a good university for electronics engineering in USA?

Quote Originally Posted by eagle1109 View Post
    Hello,

I decided to get my masters degree in electronics engineering in USA over Australia after a lot of thinking but my decision wasn't based on some actual searching, just individual opinions in websites and from work colleagues.

The answers are neutral, some advise for Australia and others say it's not a problem to get the masters in USA.

To me, I love USA since I was a kid, of course because of the movies especially Rambo and gaming ... etc.

Now I have other interests; like, hiking and cruising around the states if possible. But I think I would be busy in the masters work.

The concerns and interests I'm thinking about:

1. Interests:
    Good state location, university location, facilities and nice masters course.

2. Concerns:
    How expensive living in that state and rooms prices.
    don't forget tuition. you might be looking at 200k debt after two years of study in the US.
    Really, I am not Sam.

•   AltAdvertisement

Full Member level 3

Helped
    1 / 1
    Level

Re: How to choose a good university for electronics engineering in USA?

It's a scholarship program from my organization. I don't want to cost my country a lot. I'm thinking of a good university not too difficult .. not too easy. A good place to learn a lot about embedded systems which is what I love mostly. Another thing is the design of electronics circuits, how to design, how to select components .. etc.

--[[ ]]--