Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ERROR 21: The metallic edge for the excitation does not exist (error in CADFEKO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikosnte

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, i'm trying to simulate a structure placed in a finite substrate in CADFEKO with 3 input ports and three output ports and placed edge ports in the desired positions. In order to do that i extended and bent the microstrip lines in these places to create the positive and negative faces needed to place the edge port. Next i placed a voltage source at the middle input port and placed loads everywere else but when i simulatethe model i keep getting the error: 'ERROR 21: The metallic edge for the excitation does not exist'. I've made every face of the line extensions to be perfect electric conductors, i've also tried the same structure on an infinite substrate(with microstrip ports) but i keep getting the same error. Can anyone help me to resolve this issue? I've also posted some pictures of my structure.

Attachments

• input ports.png
    input ports.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 114
  • structure with ports source and loads.png
    structure with ports source and loads.png
    125.5 KB · Views: 149
  • structure.png
    structure.png
    178.2 KB · Views: 125
  • output ports.png
    output ports.png