Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Which one is stronger? Arm cortex A9 in DE1-SOC or arm cortex A53 in Raspberry Pi 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny2231

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, I am going to do a project which is adopt the algorithm of "Bearing Health Prognostic System" from raspbarry pi 3 into DE1-Soc. Because I think the DE1-Soc will help in reducing the time in processing the data in acheiving real time processing. I am not sure as I found that a53 is much stronger than a9. Or need to consider the SRAM of the boards as well?

Thanks!

Are you discussing an FPGA design with embedded software to run the FPGA design (Cyclone V DE1-SoC) or a software solution on a Raspberry Pi 3? If you are only using the Cyclone V's dual core A9 then this question doesn't even belong in the FPGA section.

As you are considering a Pi3 instead of the SoC solution then you probably had no intention of using the FPGA fabric for acceleration, so which one is "stronger" (a poor choice in terminology for a processor performance metric) is boils down to use which ever on has the most memory, fastest RAM, and highest clock speed (same as when you go buy a PC).

Are you discussing an FPGA design with embedded software to run the FPGA design (Cyclone V DE1-SoC) or a software solution on a Raspberry Pi 3? If you are only using the Cyclone V's dual core A9 then this question doesn't even belong in the FPGA section.

As you are considering a Pi3 instead of the SoC solution then you probably had no intention of using the FPGA fabric for acceleration, so which one is "stronger" (a poor choice in terminology for a processor performance metric) is boils down to use which ever on has the most memory, fastest RAM, and highest clock speed (same as when you go buy a PC).

Hi, sorry for that, I will be more careful in posting a new thread in the correct place next time.
And thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back