Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

S parameters in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorah_Ahmad

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
IL, RL and isolatiom.jpg

I'm designing a switch in HFSS. I need some help understanding the results. The S parameters are for a switch in OFF state. I understand that S(1,1) nearly being 0 means that the switch is off and all power is reflected. What I'd like to understand is why is the curve shaped this way? and what does S(1,2) being equal to S(2,1) signify?

The S21 and S12 represent the power travelling from port 1 to port 2, and vice-versa. They are the same, since the device is reciprocal (the power sees the same effect travelling either way; the same with any passive device). The curve looks that way because the switch is not perfect -- there is some power leakage through the device, but not much (< 60 dB)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back