Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiple scan clocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varun124

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

In my design i have 4 clocks . I have some doubts regarding this with respect to DFT

1.How to decide scan clock out of 4 clocks
2.I have read somewhere that only one clock needs to be active , Why it is so,
3.Suppose if there is F1 which is clk1 and goes to combinational path and captures on F2 flop which is clk2.Since one clocks active at a time clk1 is active and clk2 is not .How are we going to test the combinational path since we are not capturing this data.
4.W.r.t STA , whether the above combinational path is a valid path to generate SDF? If so why.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How to decide scan clock out of 4 clocks ?
-> We also have OCC only choose 1 clock ( scan clock ) from the TOP level.
2. I have read somewhere that only one clock needs to be active , Why it is so ?
-> You can check cross-clock domain ( which is unreal in most of functional function )
3. Suppose if there is F1 which is clk1 and goes to combinational path and captures on F2 flop which is clk2.Since one clocks active at a time clk1 is active and clk2 is not .How are we going to test the combinational path since we are not capturing this data.
--> 90% F2 is sync flop , I'm sure with you
4. In my design, I always set this path is false path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back