Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mains Harmonic current limits for 150W offline LED driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,
We tested our offline LED driver for Mains Harmonics with an S2000 Mains harmonics tester.

Mains input real power was = 156.8W
Mains input apparent power was = 157.34 VA
Mains input voltage was = 239.5Vrms
Mains input current was = 0.655Arms
Power factor was = 0.996

Would you agree that the following table represents the actual harmonic current limits for our product….?....

These are from Table 2, page 7 of the following…..
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• Mains Harmonic current limits for 157W led driver_.jpg
    Mains Harmonic current limits for 157W led driver_.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 82

you are asking us to comment on whether your equipment falls inside a certain specification...?

- - - Updated - - -

As yours is a lighting product - there is a whole raft of standards that pertain strictly to lighting equipment that supercede and override EN 61000-3-2

Hi,

First: I don't know what limits apply for your circuit.

I wonder about the large value of the 3rd overtone.
3rd overtones need special care, because they add up in 3 phase systems causing high neutral line current.
Thus the limits for 3rd overtones usually are much lower than other overtones ( like 5th and 7th).

Klaus

IEC 61000-3-2 is the basic harmonic current standard, it may be supplemented by specific lighting equipment regulations but not invalidated. Instead the basic standard would be edited if it turns out inadequate.

Yes, the quoted class C limit values are basically applicable for lighting equipment > 25 W (and < 16 A single phase).

I wonder about the large value of the 3rd overtone.
3rd overtones need special care, because they add up in 3 phase systems causing high neutral line current.
Thus the limits for 3rd overtones usually are much lower than other overtones ( like 5th and 7th).

Thanks i must admit i had the same concerns.......30% sounds high for the 3rd harmonic.

Actually, its 30% multiplied by the circuit power factor......so products with poor power factor have much lower requirements for 3rd harmonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back