Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate transfer function of a band pass filter in simulink

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo1234

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please find the circuit attached. I used the below link for reference but I got an error saying the the block in empty and hence no output could be plotted. I am trying to capture a step response and then use it to calculate transfer function for the same.
If any one is able to produce the the frequency response please upload the video or steps.

https://uk.mathworks.com/matlabcent...r-function-of-a-simple-circuit-using-simulink

Attachments

• filter ckt.png
    filter ckt.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 133

Looking at your schematic, it does not appear to be a working circuit.

Also it might help if you simplify things. Your schematic has two capacitors joined. Try putting a resistor inline with each capacitor. Or delete one capacitor. Then the simulator should find it easier to calculate an RC time constant.

Hi,

Schematic issues:
* what's the use of paralleling two resistor with value "0" and "300k"?
* Why there is a resistor symbol, but a capacitor value "10pF"?
* 39mH is a relatively big inductance (usually used for low frequencies), but 220pF is a relatively low capacitance (usually used for high frequencies). Be sure that they are really made for the same frequency range.

Klaus

Is it a Matlab exercise? Unless you are familiar with Matlab and using it for anything (apparently not), there are simple ways to analyze the circuit response or calculate a transfer function analytically.

Referring to free tools:
Ltspice for analysis of AC and transient response
SapWin to calculate the transfer function

Hi,
It is actually a working circuit. I made a typo on the label of resistor 10k (labelled as 10 pF). This is the circuit used in field (as is) and my intention is to implement the whole thing in FPGA (a Digital filter).

That's how it looks in Sapwin

filter.PNG

response.PNG

The filter can be however decomposed into cascaded first order LP, two first order HPs and a bandpass which can be implemented separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back