Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another question about Holtek HT12E/HT12D pair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mapuia

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A couple of weeks ago, I asked a question that involved Holtek's HT12E/HT12D encoder-decoder pair, although the issue was not mainly about them. Now I have a question that's more directly about these ICs.

My order of a batch of these ICs arrrived today and I immediately tried them out on a breadboard. I checked the minimum time they need to validate an input and was surprised to see that they need at least 80 milliseconds.

This is much longer than I expected. It's sixteen times the 5 msec needed by a different pair of ICs with a similar purpose - a Princeton PT2262/PT2272 pair. With each pair, I used oscillator resistor values typically shown in sample circuits.

Is the time required by the HT12E/HT12D reasonable? This data is important for my intended application. The datasheets are at

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

The encoder block diagram is on page 2 and the code is on page 5. For the decoder, these are on p2 and p4 respectively. I've tried to analyze the process from the datasheet but I have a limited understanding of these things. Please point out if and where I've made the wrong interpretation:

The encoder oscillator typically runs at about 3 kHz. This is internally divided by 3, resulting in a 1 kHz clock. One information word is about 24 clock cycles. One full packet of data is 4 words long or about 96 clock cycles or 288 oscillator cycles. Does this make any sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back