Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Printer Data Logger-Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeethuVP

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I would like to build a device which sits between the PC and USB Printer. PC shall assume the build device to be the printer and hence push the data to the Device, which will further push the data to the connected printer. Is there any idea for this?

If your intention is to monitor the data traffic between device and host , then you have software tools to analyse.

This might be a relative simple project if the printer uses a generic printer class interface. But that's not necessarily the case.

Hardwarewise, you need a controller with one device and one host interface.

As a starting point you can review USB interface example codes for your favourite controller, e.g. ARM.

I laso face the same problem.I was seeking for idea about data logger device.I still could not get a proper solution.I had anothe problem in my Canon printer. Sometimes **broken link removed** pop-up notification shown in my system screen. If anyone has solution about that reasoning error then help me.

Hi,

Some printers have a "HEX out" mode, where you may debug the datastream.

But expect a lot of data.
Depending on what you print it may be a challenge.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.