Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Holtek with touch key

Status
Not open for further replies.

mervedmr

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. I want to do a touch switch control with Holtek. The processor I use is BS83B08-3. But I can't comprehend the logic of that. I just want to light the LED when it touches. I need to measure frequency using both cut and timer. I find it difficult. Can you help me?

Hi,

Show what you have done so far. Show your ideas, tell us what you expected and what you see instead.

Klaus

The processor I use is BS83B08-3. Our main goal in this processor is to operate a touch switch. We want to use all of its peripherals once and get results. So far, Timer, GPIO, interrupt, eeprom is over. Our main goal is to run the touch key. Frankly, we couldn't do much about it. The capacitance of the pad changes when we touch or approach. That's how it's perceiving. We need to take control of this by measuring the frequency. But we didn't know how to write an algorithm. It will be a long algorithm with timer, interrupt and touch key registers. I'm leaving your datasheet. Please review.
**broken link removed**

Hi.

Basically You want a frequency measurement.
There are many threads discussing frequency measurement. Read through them. Most microcontrollers are similar.

To choose the right solution.. you first need requirements in form of values with units. Frequency when idle. Frequency change when touched....

Btw. You don't show what you have done so far. Don't expect others do your job.

Klaus

But we didn't know how to write an algorithm. It will be a long algorithm with timer, interrupt and touch key registers
The processor has a dedicated touch module, I would expect sample code issued by Holtek. Did you check for available sample/demonstration code at all?

Sorry. We cannot access the sample codes given by Holtek. There is no such sharing anywhere. So I'm having trouble extracting the algorithm. As you said, I will examine the frequency measurement samples.

Holtek is providing a Touch MCU Workshop for download, but it has apparently only precompiled libraries, no source code. I would use the workshop as a starting point nevertheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.