+ Post New Thread
    Newbie level 1

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Windows 7: Headset Sound In Not Working w/ Skype

Hi!

I have an HP Pavillion HPE (h8-1380t) running Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) and I have a headset plugged to the top of the computer. FYI, on the top, the computer there are 4 ports: headset out, headset in (mic), and 2 USB ports. Here's what is happening:

a – I can listen to YouTube videos.

b – When I use Skype, my voice is herd (i.e., the mic works) but I do not hear anything.

I tested the speakers using Tools > Options > Audio Settings > Speakers (which is set to Communications Headphones, IDT High Def..., Auto Volume) and I hear the sound.

What's wrong?

Thank you!

•   AltAdvertisement

Super Moderator

Helped
    2585 / 2585
    Level

Re: Windows 7: Headset Sound In Not Working w/ Skype

Can you tell if Skype receives the sender's audio?

Does Skype have its own setting (apart from your Sound control panel) to choose speaker, or HDMI, or headphones?

•   AltAdvertisement

Newbie level 3
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Re: Windows 7: Headset Sound In Not Working w/ Skype

Quote Originally Posted by victorjohn9211 View Post
    Hi!

I have an HP Pavillion HPE (h8-1380t) running Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) and I have a headset plugged to the top of the computer. FYI, on the top, the computer there are 4 ports: headset out, headset in (mic), and 2 USB ports. Here's what is happening:

a – I can listen to YouTube videos.

b – When I use Skype, my voice is herd (i.e., the mic works) but I do not hear anything.

I tested the speakers using Tools > Options > Audio Settings > Speakers (which is set to Communications Headphones, IDT High Def..., Auto Volume) and I hear the sound.

What's wrong?

Thank you!
    update skype version use new skype version if you use new go to setting and change the auto option if you face problem Skype suggested to uninstall and, then, re-install Skype, which I did. But, the problem is still there.

--[[ ]]--