Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Windows 7: Headset Sound In Not Working w/ Skype

Status
Not open for further replies.

victorjohn9211

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I have an HP Pavillion HPE (h8-1380t) running Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) and I have a headset plugged to the top of the computer. FYI, on the top, the computer there are 4 ports: headset out, headset in (mic), and 2 USB ports. Here's what is happening:

a – I can listen to YouTube videos.

b – When I use Skype, my voice is herd (i.e., the mic works) but I do not hear anything.

I tested the speakers using Tools > Options > Audio Settings > Speakers (which is set to Communications Headphones, IDT High Def..., Auto Volume) and I hear the sound.

What's wrong?

Thank you!

Can you tell if Skype receives the sender's audio?

Does Skype have its own setting (apart from your Sound control panel) to choose speaker, or HDMI, or headphones?

Hi!

I have an HP Pavillion HPE (h8-1380t) running Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) and I have a headset plugged to the top of the computer. FYI, on the top, the computer there are 4 ports: headset out, headset in (mic), and 2 USB ports. Here's what is happening:

a – I can listen to YouTube videos.

b – When I use Skype, my voice is herd (i.e., the mic works) but I do not hear anything.

I tested the speakers using Tools > Options > Audio Settings > Speakers (which is set to Communications Headphones, IDT High Def..., Auto Volume) and I hear the sound.

What's wrong?

Thank you!

update skype version use new skype version if you use new go to setting and change the auto option if you face problem Skype suggested to uninstall and, then, re-install Skype, which I did. But, the problem is still there.

You should try to uninstall your skype version and install new skype version then use skype to check your voice is heard or not.

windows 7 rip, yes?

You need to check your sound adapter or your sound card driver if you have any. There are some time when y have a sound card the driver gets uninstalled or stops working for some reason. Recheck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.