Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Closed loop gain of this fully-differential amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenso

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to figure out how Razavi in his book got the following expression for Closed loop gain of a fully diff. amplifier. The circuit schematic and the equation are below.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

I have come across this explanation of the calculation of the feedback factor of an inverting amplifier. This is the first time I am seeing the factor "k" being mentioned in the closed loop voltage gain.

https://electronics.stackexchange.c...inbeta-derivation-for-the-inverting-amplifier

is there any book which talks about this?

- - - Updated - - -

NVM, after looking at this link https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/330638/beta-of-inverting-opamp-amplifier

I figured out how he got the expression.

Am I right about the taylor series approximation though? It is taken when x <<< 1?

I don't know how he got to the second line. He may have used the Taylor series or perhaps long division.
However, note that the result is approximately - R2/R1 Vin if the open loop gain is very high.

I have attached an analysis of a diff in, singled out amp that I did years ago. I used this method to analyse your amp.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• Diff amp 1.jpg
    Diff amp 1.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 758
  • Diff amp 2.jpg
    Diff amp 2.jpg
    477.2 KB · Views: 313

Am I right about the taylor series approximation though? It is taken when x <<< 1?

Yes.. If A0 is large (and is typically the case) then the 'x' term will be such that x<<1..

Of course, we do not need any Taylor series approximation or something like this.
We need only the classical feedback formula (for finite gain) introduced by H. Black - supplemented by a forward damping factor.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back