Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone ID this sm diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

unwantedsn

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Ive been tasked with trying to replace a surface mount diode. Normally this wouldn't be an issue but I'm having issues finding any sort of data sheet for it. The only thing I have is this picture of the diode which has B I on the top row of text, and 2 9 on the bottom row.

BI29.jpg

Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks in advance.

Looks like a TVS, Transient Voltage Suppression diode.
Obviously used to suppress transient voltages from lightning strikes, Esd discharge, switching of inductive loads.
Littlefuse has a great datasheet to reference.

It is not a TVS or a zener diode. An IN4007 would be good replacement or surface mounted equivalent. The IN4007 is not surface mounted but you could solder it in. If we could see more of the circuit then a better choice could be made in case the diode needs to be a schottky one.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back