Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

output and input impedance impedance

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuirgham

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Here is the circuit (fig1), which when connected by adapter , I got the following results as shown in the figures below(Both line and neutral).I want to design an input filter near dc jack. I want the noise to be within the CE Limit of Class A. I was suggested to design a filter at the input side. I decided to Make use of common-mode chokes and capacitors, but for designing the filter and to limit the noise, i need to know output impedance and input impedance. How do i proceed in calculating those values? Also, I have mentioned details of the adaptor which i used it for testing(fig2).

Also i have used converters, mcu, which are all later parts of the circuitry.

Attachments

• fig1.PNG
    fig1.PNG
    56.1 KB · Views: 144
  • fig2.PNG
    fig2.PNG
    168.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Line Graph.JPG
    Line Graph.JPG
    289 KB · Views: 132
  • Neutral Graph.JPG
    Neutral Graph.JPG
    290.7 KB · Views: 127

It's hard to figure what is the incoming resistance, since upstream circuitry is unseen and/or unknown.

An alternate method is to calculate based on Ampere level. If you know the voltage as well, then Ohm's law allows you to make a rough estimate of the impedance present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back