Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lock -in Amplifier/ tuned amplifier in DSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo1234

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to implement a digital filter and tuned amplifier for (39 KHz and 50 kHz) in DSP. Currently the whole implementation of filtering transients and noise and tuned amplifier is in Analog and I would like to implement everything using DSP with excellent noise immunity.

As the circuit gets its input from the wheel sensor mounted at the tracks and is prone to a lot of noise,is it possible to accurately reproduce the signal using DSP?

As I am new to DSP,can anyone guide me on how to approach it?
I was thinking to use Intel cyclone 10 (FPGA with DSP blocks) to implement the design. I could start with Matlab and later convert the code to verilog.

You can design FIR filters in Matlab and import the filter coefficients to the Intel FIR compiler tool.

Lock-in is a different approach involving all-digital PLL (NCO, phase detector, synchronous demodulator).

Hi,

Digital filters are relatively simple and precise.

Maybe the bigger problem is the ADConversion.
The correct sampling rate, resolution and correct precision as well timing and amplitude.

Klaus

I want to implement a digital filter and tuned amplifier for (39 KHz and 50 kHz) in DSP.
Tuned amps are a very narrow band, high gain amplifiers. They are practically filters.

As the circuit gets its input from the wheel sensor mounted at the tracks and is prone to a lot of noise,is it possible to accurately reproduce the signal using DSP?

Noise is not an unwanted signal.
We should look into whether it is really noise or not. Which parts contribute to that noise? What are the characteristics of this noise?
Any DSP could chop off the data, but can't create new data from nothingness. Therefore; the proper analog design is crucial for any sensor app.

As I am new to DSP,can anyone guide me on how to approach it?
I was thinking to use Intel cyclone 10 (FPGA with DSP blocks) to implement the design. I could start with Matlab and later convert the code to verilog.
1)Write sensor requirements down; dynamic range, offset, nonlinearity, noise, etc...
2)How can solve these problems?
For instance; It is difficult to make a Kalman filter in analog, so I should put this in digital.
Canceling offset in the analog world could solve my dynamic range issues, So I should put those in analog. (Or build a hybrid ?)
3)Prototype...

Hi,

See the following post in Business, Promotions, Advertising section of this forum.

Special Offer....ONEoverT Digital Filter Designer for Firmware and FPGA/ASICs

Status
Not open for further replies.