Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SATA SSD connection tx to tx or rx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dushyant Kumar

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have a SATA SSD M.2. I need to connect this to my other module on PCB.

my confusion is, I have read somewhere that SATA pin TX & RX is connected to other device RX&TX and some where it is written to connect SATA TX to other device TX.

help me to solve this confusion, if SATA SSD M.2 TX is connected to other device TX or other device RX?

Thanks

SATA A/B assignment on the M2 connector should be according to the usage with standard SATA connector.

sata.PNG

Hello, Thanks for the reply.
you mean to say TX+ should be connected to RX+ and TX- connected to RX-?
but sometimes it is written that TX+ should be connected to TX- and RX+ connected to RX-.
sataa.PNG
like in this image

Physically, you always cross connect RX (receiver) and TX (driver). I presume you already know this.

The question is, does the designation of a certain pin pair refer to host or devices side. It's very clear in the original SATA documents, but it's not clear at first sight in your posted snippet. You didn't clarify the context.

my confusion is, I have read somewhere that SATA pin TX & RX is connected to other device RX&TX and some where it is written to connect SATA TX to other device TX.

help me to solve this confusion, if SATA SSD M.2 TX is connected to other device TX or other device RX?

FvM has already mentioned above, I repeat...

You should only follow what is written in the SATA spec.
As I know, for the SATA Transceivers used, the TX & RX of the SATA Host is connected to SATA Device RX & TX.

Physically, you always cross connect RX (receiver) and TX (driver). I presume you already know this.

The question is, does the designation of a certain pin pair refer to host or devices side. It's very clear in the original SATA documents, but it's not clear at first sight in your posted snippet. You didn't clarify the context.

the snippet which i posted here is the device and SATA SSD M.2 is the host. according to SATA spec, like in the snippet it says TX+ is connected to TX+, that's why I am having confusion.

FvM has already mentioned above, I repeat...

You should only follow what is written in the SATA spec.
As I know, for the SATA Transceivers used, the TX & RX of the SATA Host is connected to SATA Device RX & TX.

SATA spec is for the the standard SATA pinout (7pin & 15pin). confusion is about the SSD. the snippet I posted there it mention the SATA spec for 7 pin, not for SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back