Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My 12V DC Vending Machine motor rotates 1 extra 360 degree rotation sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Does your motor draw so much current that it causes the supply voltage to droop?

* Does you motor create noise (glitches) on the supply rails?

Either of these can cause faults in a control circuit.

I have drawn out 2 of your diagrams to make sure we're on the same page. The top #1 is from your first post, and #2 is your option A diagram. If not correct let me know or revise it. In top diagram you have a resistor, and then you changed to a capacitor. Did you find that the motor stopped more consistently after 1 revolution with capacitor. Did you connect capacitor directly across motor terminals.

Could moderator remove attachment on right
[Moderator action: extraneous attachment removed]

Attachments

• IMG_4598.jpg
    IMG_4598.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:

I have drawn out 2 of your diagrams to make sure we're on the same page. The top #1 is from your first post, and #2 is your option A diagram. If not correct let me know or revise it. In top diagram you have a resistor, and then you changed to a capacitor. Did you find that the motor stopped more consistently after 1 revolution with capacitor. Did you connect capacitor directly across motor terminals.

Could moderator remove attachment on right

Actually I have another Motor which works with different vending Machine and the top diagram which have a resistor is this motor diagram

I want my motor to work exactly same but my motor circuit was different so I decided to make it like that. So I added the resistor and remove the capacitor but it didn't work for me. So I added capacitor again but again it didn't work for me.

Option B diagram is the actual diagram of my Motor but in with this circuit I am facing other issue.

I am stucked totally.

Anybody knows about it or have any idea?

Anybody knows about it or have any idea?

1. In your 2 videos is the motor connected directly to a 12 volt supply. Or is there another controller. You only show motor so we have no way of knowing.

2. If my drawings are correct then the microswitch cannot stop motor. It would have to stop with the contacts in mid position between NO and NC. If it stayed in that position you would not be able to start motor again. Does this happen?

3. In one video the motor makes one turn and stops. But it doesn't stop in its exact start position. Is this ok, or do you want it to stop in its exact start position.

1. In your 2 videos is the motor connected directly to a 12 volt supply. Or is there another controller. You only show motor so we have no way of knowing.

2. If my drawings are correct then the microswitch cannot stop motor. It would have to stop with the contacts in mid position between NO and NC. If it stayed in that position you would not be able to start motor again. Does this happen?

3. In one video the motor makes one turn and stops. But it doesn't stop in its exact start position. Is this ok, or do you want it to stop in its exact start position.

1. No direct supply on Motor. I have another Microcontroller board which has row(0V) and Columns(12V). Microcontroller gives the command on the row and column to operate a particular Motor.

2. I am using 2 diodes in my circuit and
Yes you are right Motor stop with the contacts in mid position between NO and NC

3. This is okay. in mid position between NO and NC, it gives some value so the microcontroller detects that it is at its home location

Have you tried with different microswitch.

Have you tried with different microswitch.

Yes I have tried but no success.

Same issue.

I have tested the motors by removing capacitor.
Sometimes motor rotates 100 rotation perfectly in which it took 1 extra round out of 100. (1 % error rate)
and sometimes motor gives continuously extra round with one 360 degree rotation. (70-80 % error rate)

Status
Not open for further replies.