Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My 12V DC Vending Machine motor rotates 1 extra 360 degree rotation sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugandha123

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have done some changes with the Motor to work with the micro limit switch.
But the problem is sometimes the motor rotates 1 full 360 degree rotation which is perfectly fine but sometimes motor rotates 2 full or 1 and half rotation which is wrong. I do not know the reason.

I have attached the circuit diagram and shared the link of video as well

Here is the image IMG_20190918_180152 (1).jpghKIsc.jpg

Here is the video

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N7ItjeU84JiDAOquAD6SGHkVWufDT40K

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VX9yncrm6pcr1IBQsNvVZ1yR0UMflJKA

The attached block diagram does not give any clue on your design.
Attach a circuit diagram if possible or a clear block diagram and mention your requirement.

I have given the permission

- - - Updated - - -

The attached block diagram does not give any clue on your design.
Attach a circuit diagram if possible or a clear block diagram and mention your requirement.

Here is the clear block diagram

I hope everything is clear and now you would help me.
WhatsApp Image 2019-09-23 at 10.51.13 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-09-23 at 10.51.13 AM (1).jpeg

Your videos are visible now.

Your mechanism looks like the sort of thing that might have a cam or gear with a notch in it. If it doesn't stop after a cycle, it skips the notch and continues for a second cycle.

The natural question to ask: What makes your motor start a cycle, and what makes it stop?

Measurements are precise with a microswith. It needs to be positioned exactly right, and be pressed just right, in order to work reliably.

Your videos are visible now.

Your mechanism looks like the sort of thing that might have a cam or gear with a notch in it. If it doesn't stop after a cycle, it skips the notch and continues for a second cycle.

The natural question to ask: What makes your motor start a cycle, and what makes it stop?

Measurements are precise with a microswith. It needs to be positioned exactly right, and be pressed just right, in order to work reliably.

Hello

Motor Micro limit switch Common is connected to ground (ROW pin of the main board) and NO NC pin of this micro limit switch is connected to Column pin of the main board which has 12V when a signal comes.

To start a cycle of the motor when we give input to the column, switching is done on the main board and column pin switches to 12V then motor starts and when one cycle is complete and micro limit switch presees, mainboard reads the value and stop the motor.

Hi,

Depending on microswitch wiring...at STOP position:
* it can make the motor to free run (open)
* or it can make the motor to break (short circuit)

Maybe in "free run" it passes the notch and starts again..

Klaus

Hi,

Depending on microswitch wiring...at STOP position:
* it can make the motor to free run (open)
* or it can make the motor to break (short circuit)

Maybe in "free run" it passes the notch and starts again..

Klaus

Hi

Can you tell me what should be the micros switch wiring so that it will be stopped after one round.
I have attached the block diagram of existing circuit. please suggest

Hi,

I just recognized that your wuring diagram shows the microswitch NC and NO to be shorted. This makes no sense, it makes the switch useless, because the current is never stopped from flowing, either it runs through NC or NO, one of these paths is always closed.

Try to use NC only.
If it does not work: try to use NO only

Klaus

* Does your motor draw so much current that it causes the supply voltage to droop?

* Does you motor create noise (glitches) on the supply rails?

Either of these can cause faults in a control circuit.

Hi,

I just recognized that your wuring diagram shows the microswitch NC and NO to be shorted. This makes no sense, it makes the switch useless, because the current is never stopped from flowing, either it runs through NC or NO, one of these paths is always closed.

Try to use NC only.

Klaus

I have used NO but again Motor does not stop when micro switch press.
NC didn't work

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

Try to use NC only.

Klaus

I have attached an image of different motor which uses the exact circuit diagram (NO and NC short) which I have followed and it works fine completely but not mine.

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-23 at 12.40.43 PM.jpeg

* Does your motor draw so much current that it causes the supply voltage to droop?

* Does you motor create noise (glitches) on the supply rails?

Either of these can cause faults in a control circuit.

My motor takes around 200mA Max.
Motor does not create noise

NC didn't work

In your diagram both motors are connected to NO and NC. Did you disconnect one motor , or did you just remove one or the other connectors on microswitch.

Last edited:

NC didn't work

In your diagram both motors are connected to NO and NC. Did you disconnect one motor , or did you just remove one or the other connectors on microswitch.

I have changed the microswitch connections only

NC didn't work

I had one another motor which has different connections so I decided to changes its connection to make it exactly the other wine (White motor)
WhatsApp Image 2019-09-23 at 12.40.43 PM.jpeg
hKIsc.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

Try to use NC only.

Klaus

I have main board which has motor control circuit and has row and column to control the row and column of the vending machine.

I have made changes in motor in two ways:

A. I have attached an image for circuit diagram
IMG_20190924_164726.jpg

In this design I have some pros and cons

PROS: 1. It stops at its home position after one rotation
2. It detects row and column of the machine

CONS: 1. Sometime it does not stop at its home position or take more than 1 rotation

B. I have attached an image of other diagram

IMG_20190924_163928.jpg

In this design also I have some pros and cons

PROS: 1. It stops perfectly at its home position after one rotation.

CONS: 1. It does not detect ROW

Please suggest What should I follow and what should I made changes in the circuit.

I have main board which has motor control circuit and has row and column to control the row and column of the vending machine.

I have made changes in motor in two ways:

A. I have attached an image for circuit diagram
View attachment 155674

In this design I have some pros and cons

PROS: 1. It stops at its home position after one rotation
2. It detects row and column of the machine

CONS: 1. Sometime it does not stop at its home position or take more than 1 rotation
Test with the above option A with the following changes:

-Connect to NC contacts.

-Remove the 100 microfarad capacitor.

-Connect to NC contacts.

Connect to NC contacts means?

I have shorted NC NO contacts.

Actually I have another Motor which has same circuit and works completely fine with NO NC shorted.

So I decided to replicate my motor to that Motor but my motor does not work exactly same like another motor.

-Connect to NC contacts.

I have removed the capacitor but again facing the same issue.

I have removed the capacitor but again facing the same issue.

[video]http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/schem/wiper.htm[/video][video]https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/395162/vending-machine-motor-and-switch-circuit[/video]

I see that the pcb on motor in your video is different than one in photo.

Last edited:

[video]http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/schem/wiper.htm[/video][video]https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/395162/vending-machine-motor-and-switch-circuit[/video]

I see that the pcb on motor in your video is different than one in photo.

PCB on video and on photo is not different.
I have changed the circuit which is shown in video and my circuit diagram too which I already posted on this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.