Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power harvester evaluation board and antenna issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow_01

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to learn about power harvesting by using a simple evaluation board. When I bought it, it came with its own antenna but I want to use another one. The issue lies here, the board can only handle 915-930 MHz, higher frequencies and it can be destroyed of course. This is a very small range so here comes the question. Can I use an amplifier between the antenna and the board? If yes, how should I think? For example, if I buy a 700 MHz antenna, what amplifier should I use to reach 915 or the maximum value (maybe there is a way to calculate the right amplifier value)?. Are there other methods besides this one?

I am a newbie so please consider it.

Thanks in advance!

Are you serious? Using an amplifier with energy harvesting? Did you understand the basic idea?

- - - Updated - - -

Energy harvesting is intended to supply ultra low power systems from a power source present in the environment, e.g. vibration, heat flow, RF radiation. Using an amplifier for the "harvested" RF means to loose more power than you gain.

- - - Updated - - -

Receiving most of the incident power from a particular RF source requires a tuned antenna and matching circuit. It can be surely redesigned for a different frequency.

Well, I am trying to learn so sorry about that....
Okay, thanks for the explanation! Basically, tuning the antenna then. We thought an amplifier could work but now we know why not. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.