Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adapter design for pressure sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemnath

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a 19mm dia piezo-resistive pressure sensor and aluminium enclosure(80x75x60 mm), Thickness: 4 mm

I want to fix the sensor in the bottom of the enclosure.(refer google for digital pressure gauge)

I have some ideas earlier. We need a housing with thread on top which will fits the sensor. The sensor is locked inside and nut is tightened with the housing thread. So that the sensor will not come out when pressure is applied. A square plate is welded to the housing and it has a centre hole, so that the sensor wires can be taken out from that hole. It also has a four holes on the sides. This housing will then be attached to the enclosure. This four holes will be used to fix the sensor housing to the enclosure using M4x8 screws. Refer fig for sensor housing

Though the gasket is used between the sensor housing and enclosure, I assume the water will enter inside the enclosure through the screws to claim for IP66 rating.

I don't say this way to attaching the sensor to the enclosure is good. Can you recommend any simpler way. So that I can learn it.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20190918_100914.jpg
    IMG_20190918_100914.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 257

Doesn't sound bad in general, but some details aren't quite clear. Do you mind to share a CAD drawing of the intended sensor mount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back