Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to load created embedded linux distribution to SD card from windows computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jani12

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Let's say following Yocto project image or embedded linux distribution was created by using remote virtual linux box from windows computer:

Image Name: fsl-image-validation-imx
Target: Builds an i.MX image with a GUI without any Qt content.

Please refer to section 5.2 in attached i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf

The created filename that needs to be loaded in Secure Digital(SD) card is: fsl-image-validation-imx-imx8qxpmek-20190904151816.rootfs.sdcard

This file has been copied from linux virtual box to windows computer.

How do I load this file into SanDisk Ultra 8GB class 10 SDHC card using my windows computer?

After successful load, this SD card will be inserted into NXP i.MX 8QuadXPlus Multisensory Enablement Kit(MEK) evaluation board to boot embedded linux kernel.

What do I need to know about SD card in order to successfully load image into it from my windows computer. Do I need to format SD card first? I'm familiar
with formatting hard disk but never formatted SD card? Do I need to create partitions? In hard disk partitions are created to load different OS in each partition. what
about SD card?

Hard disk internal structure consists of tracks and sectors. Do I need to know SD card structure for successfully loading image into it from windows computer?

Attachments

• i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf
    316.5 KB · Views: 248

Balena Etcher tool worked. It is very easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back