Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What happens to output power and 3 BW in this circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitking

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I calcaulated L and C values for a butterworth filter, to get 3 dB BW of 50 GHz and attenuation of 6 dB at 60 GHz. Next, I gave 10 dBm input power and I got the expected result.
Again I took two sections of the same T network and gave input at different points as shown in figure, I am not sure what is its expected behavior. can someone explain how this circuit should work? Thanks
whatShouldHappen.png

Again I took two sections of the same T network and gave input at different points as shown in figure
The ports connected to the capacitors providing input power of 10 dBm each (loaded LC ladder section). I kept ports to find the ZP and SP at those points. I expect to see more output power at the last port(Port 3 in the figure). But I am not sure its working technicalities and analytical equations yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back