+ Post New Thread
    Newbie level 3

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Overwrite cell delay.

Hi,

Is it possible to overwrite a cell delay after reading it from the liberty file by reading a new liberty file?

in general, is it possible to read a second liberty file with different cell delays for the same standard cells?

Thanks in advance.

•   AltAdvertisement

Advanced Member level 5

Helped
    320 / 320
    Level

Re: Overwrite cell delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Yussef View Post
    Hi,

Is it possible to overwrite a cell delay after reading it from the liberty file by reading a new liberty file?

in general, is it possible to read a second liberty file with different cell delays for the same standard cells?

Thanks in advance.
    No, that makes no sense. What you can do is marginate the value of the first liberty file you read if you want to experiment. You can artifically make the cell faster or slower on an instance basis if needed.
    Really, I am not Sam.

•   AltAdvertisement

Full Member level 5
    Achievements:
    7 years registered

Helped
    155 / 155
    Level

It is possible to read a second liberty in multi-corner analysis. You have read different libraries (with different PVT) for the same cells. It allows analyze/optimize your design simultaneously in several corners.

•   AltAdvertisement

Advanced Member level 5

Helped
    320 / 320
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by oratie View Post
    It is possible to read a second liberty in multi-corner analysis. You have read different libraries (with different PVT) for the same cells. It allows analyze/optimize your design simultaneously in several corners.
    Sure, this is the way we design with MMMC. But I am under the impression that the OP is trying to hack a solution for something else...
    Really, I am not Sam.

Newbie level 3

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Thank you guys for your feedback, it was very helpful.

In my case. I want to read the same liberty file with different information for the same corner (for example with updated cell delays). But I don't think that this is feasible because we can not read two liberty files with the same name of electrical lib.

--[[ ]]--