Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(ADS) There are no components in ADS after importing my PCB layout from Altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsunami_all

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I imported my PCB layout from Altium Designer to ADS in ODB++ format as recommended by ADS. The problem is I do not see any of my components in ADS simulation set up. As a result, I cannot change the parameters of the capacitors and etc..

Nets, substrate and pins are imported but not the components.

Anyone knows how to solve this?

Any help is much appreciated.

Capture.PNG

ODBC++ is not a proper way-especially from Altium- to import into ADS.Use simply Gerber format.. no pain..

Ok, I will try importing with gerber format.

I don't understand why Gerber would be a solution. For sure, there will be no components in Gerber import. Gerber is nothing but polygons. ODB++ has more information that the simple Gerber format.

But I don't know what to expect for components from ODB++ because ADS would require electrical models - which in my opinion are unknown (not relevant) to Altium. So I'm not surprised that components are missing.

I don't understand why Gerber would be a solution. For sure, there will be no components in Gerber import. Gerber is nothing but polygons. ODB++ has more information that the simple Gerber format.

But I don't know what to expect for components from ODB++ because ADS would require electrical models - which in my opinion are unknown (not relevant) to Altium. So I'm not surprised that components are missing.

Yes, I tried to import the gerber files and the components are not there as well. (same problem as ODB++)

Any suggestion on how the layout can be imported to ADS with proper layer stack up, components, nets and pins?
I am using ADS for SI/PI simulation.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.