Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Implementation of a MUX for selecting from 2 different sets of inputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrucha

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to implement a design in which I have 2 sets of inputs. 1st set consists of different widths of inputs and another set consist of different set of a second input. These two will be selected based on their individual control signals. Is there any way to implement this without having to use two different MUXs? Is there an efficient way in which in can be implemented in one circuit?

I have to implement a design in which I have 2 sets of inputs. 1st set consists of different widths of inputs and another set consist of different set of a second input. These two will be selected based on their individual control signals. Is there any way to implement this without having to use two different MUXs? Is there an efficient way in which in can be implemented in one circuit?

You really need to learn how to ask a question and describe exactly what you are trying to accomplish. Writing a bunch of vague descriptive text makes it extraordinarily difficult to understand your question.

What is the first set of inputs? How many and what are the widths?
What is the second set of inputs? How many and what widths?
What is the relationship between the first set of inputs and the second set of inputs? Why can't you use simple 2-to-1 multiplexers? What is so special about these inputs?
What are these individual control signals you mention? Do the control signals multiplex specific pairs of inputs #1 and inputs #2 or is there some other unusual mapping?

Did you ask this question because you don't want multiple multiplexers? If the circuit requires individual controls to multiplex different pairs of inputs then multiple multiplexers are required by any hardware implementation. Trying to find some clever software approach to the problem isn't the right way to approach designing hardware.

Well thought out questions shouldn't require this much effort to extract useful information to help.

Hi,

I agree with ads-ee.
I really don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Draw a sketch of what you want to build and give precise informations and specifications (usually with values and units)

Klaus

Sorry. I will try to draw a circuit to explain myself better.

Last edited:

At the lowest level there will be one MUX per output bit, so there is not much to optimize.

1st set consists of different widths of inputs and another set consist of different set of a second input.
Sounds like a stages of MUXes......
As others have pointed out, a diagram is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back