Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Virtuoso - Border sheet locking / move to background

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEOvergaard

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey fellow enthusiasts,

I have an annoyance with Cadence Virtuoso schematic viewer. I use border sheet for my designs in an A3 size, to ensure my design sizes don't go out of hand.

However, I wish to move the border sheet to the background or lock it, so I don't continuously mark/move/delete the border sheet. Supposedly I should be able to right click the border sheet and "lock" it, but this option does not appear to me. Do you guys have any suggestions, on how to solve it? How do you solve it, if you even do?

My version of Cadence is 6.1.8.

Best regards

You could also "take that A3 sheet private", and add a small
instance/dwg rectangle as a "selection handle" (like maybe
just around the title block) and then the sheet symbol will
only be selectable within that extent, regardless.

Hey guys,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Dominik: I currently have no idea what the selection filter is in Virtuoso, do you have a link to some documentation/video about it and how to use it? I see nothing in my toolbars. I reckon it might actually be usable for other stuff than this as well.

dick_freebird: RIGHT! Never considered this option. I just remembered my components have this as their outline. Adding it around the actual part of my border sheet that contains the information makes so much sense and solves my issue. Thank you very much. Excellent suggestion.

Solution: Open up the bordersheet's "symbol" cell view and find "create" in the top toolbar. Use the "selection box" from the "create" and draw your selection box. This makes you able to select a specific area of border sheet (or any component) where you can drag/move the component from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back