Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help on technology files for creating synopsys milkyway data

Status
Not open for further replies.

s3034585

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
synopsys milkyway

hi guys
i want to learn various technology files which are required for creating synopsys milkyway database.
Following are the files which are required.
1) A technology file (.tf)

2) GDSII files (.gds)

3) TDF files (.tdf)
4) Pad orientation information in a .clf file

5) A constraints file (.sdc) that contain timing constraints and clock definitions

6) EDIF netlist file (.edf) that contains connectivity information

7) Design database file (.db) that contains netlist, timing, and design rule constraints

I want to learn the structure of these files so that i can create my own files.
If any one has information on them or links can you pls tell me.
It will be a gr8 help.

Thanks in advance.

Tama

technology file synopsys tf

u can get more knowledge about this files from SOLD. if u have SOLD then go throu it.

technology file tf synopsys

Hi Arunragavan
Thanks for your reply.
I dont know what is SOLD can you pls tell me about it.
Thanks in advance
Tama

create technology file synopsys

SOLD is Synopsys Online Documentation.
Find out your company SiteID and register at solvnet.synopsys.com.
You can find the documentation online after logging in solvnet or download the whole bundle in synopsys ftp

what is milkyway technology file

SOLD contains all information about tools of synopsys and good tip for design .
better u must read SOLD materials.
login in synopsys ftp and get SOLD . for login u must require EDA related COMPANY mail id to register it.

tdf file synopsys

tf define the technology info of the process u using. like metal layers, res,cap, pitch and so on, too much to say , refer to the file provide by the Astro guide.
gdsii is a binary format which stores the layout info. u use this format to tapeout ur chip usually. Using gdsii , u can generate the detail cell view in milkyway.
db is synopsys specific format . u can store the design in this format , and tranform the lib to db format.
sdc is a constraint file , which usually contain the clock specification , multicycle path definition and some other design constraint, if u know synthesis , u know that.
EDIF is netlist format .

milkyway technology file

actually u can google from the net to get sold! good luck !

Hi Guys
Thanks for your info..
Can you pls tell me where can i get to study the structure of these files so that helps to me to understand them.

Thanks in advance
Tama

Added after 0 seconds:

Hi Guys
Thanks for your info..
Can you pls tell me where can i get to study the structure of these files so that helps to me to understand them.

Thanks in advance
Tama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back