Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Problem while doing CAN communication with different transreciever

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD_SHAHRUKH

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
I am trying to establish CAN communication in between a MCP2515 standalone can controller and Internal CAN controller of TMS320F28069 microcontroller. The MCP2515 is attached with MCP2551 transreciever and TMS320F28069 is attached with SN65HVD234D. Here, MCP2551 transreciver has an operating voltage of 5V and SN65HVD234D is operating at 3.3V. I have placed a 11.0592 crystal to MCP2515 controller. And TMS320F28069 has internal clock of 10MHz and system clock of 90MHz. There is a error of 0.54% in MCP2515 when transmitting at a speed of 125kbps.

The communication is not successful. I am confused with two things here. Is it because of the different voltage levels of the transreciever? or is it because of error percentage?

Please, quote me if more details required.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Voltage levels as well as timing simply can be measured with a scope. Do so and show us.

Klaus

Voltage levels as well as timing simply can be measured with a scope. Do so and show us.

Ok. I will post the result soon after doing so with the scope.

Thank you.

I am sorry for the late post. The problem is solved. It was because of the bit timing. I was unable to go with the Oscilloscope because I was unable to use it properly. So, I have re searched over the internet.
My mistake was, using Kvaser CAN Speed calculator (https://www.kvaser.com/support/calculators/bit-timing-calculator/) to set values to the control register of TMS320F28069. There is a separate Calculator for TI microcontrollers provided by TI itself in an excel sheet.
I have used those register values and got the result.

Thank you for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.