Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference between BVDSS and BVDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitking

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, Which is Drain to source breakdown voltage and substrate breakdown voltage. Can you aslo elaborate what they are exactly.
Thanks

You're surely asking about the model parameter syntax of a specific tool. What is it?

You're surely asking about the model parameter syntax of a specific tool. What is it?

I know, in general, BVDS means drain to source breakdown voltage and I wanted to know how substrate breakdown voltage is represented. While I was in search of that I came across BVDSS, which I don't know about.

The last letter of Semiconductor syntax indicates the condition of the third terminal. Which in this case is the gate and is Shorted

The last letter of Semiconductor syntax indicates the condition of the third terminal. Which in this case is the gate and is Shorted

Thanks. How is substrate breakdown voltage is denoted, any short form? I am looking for its value in the PDK but I find it nowhere.

That would be something like BVdb_ but this is often not
specified separately (especially if the foundry knows that
lateral punchthrough or hot carrier reliability degradation
happens well below D-B breakdown, which would be a
normal device-design-to expectation (why would you let
the isolation junction be the weak link in process construction?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back