Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Trends and Relationships with Threshold Voltages and Liberty Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

janthonym

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all!

I'm pretty new to ASIC and liberty files and I was wondering if there was a general trend in liberty files and different threshold voltages.

For example, say I'm operating on a library (I'll try to make it as general as possible so std cell, io or memory - any cell, any PVT) and the only variable that would be changing is the threshold voltage: ulvt, lvt, vt, hvt

What kind of trend would I see in the liberty files regarding each values in the liberty files in regards to the difference threshold voltages? This is assuming the same PVT and device, just at different threshold voltages!

Thanks in advance

Hello all!

I'm pretty new to ASIC and liberty files and I was wondering if there was a general trend in liberty files and different threshold voltages.

For example, say I'm operating on a library (I'll try to make it as general as possible so std cell, io or memory - any cell, any PVT) and the only variable that would be changing is the threshold voltage: ulvt, lvt, vt, hvt

What kind of trend would I see in the liberty files regarding each values in the liberty files in regards to the difference threshold voltages? This is assuming the same PVT and device, just at different threshold voltages!

Thanks in advance

going from ulvt -> hvt, you should expect a loss in performance and a gain in leakage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back